by Marcus Miller
The Oregon Live 5A Media Poll is out. How did Prep Talk Eugene media voter Marcus Miller vote this week? More importantly, why did he vote the way he did? Is he crazy or perhaps just misunderstood? Agree? Disagree? Feel free to comment below, send us an email or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Here is the Oregon Live 5A Media Poll, followed by how Marcus voted in the Poll (and why):
|Team||1st Place Votes||Total Points||Last Week Results||Next Week|
|1. Crescent Valley (7-0)||12||173||Beat Forest Grove 32-6||@ Dallas|
|2. Mt. View (7-0)||3||161||Beat Ridgeview 62-6||@ Hood River Valley|
|3. Churchill (7-0)||2||145||Beat Springfield 56-7||@ Eagle Point|
|4. Wilsonville (6-1)||1||126||Beat Parkrose 43-0||@ Milwaukie|
|5. Hermiston (5-2)||103||Beat Bend 35-32||vs Redmond|
|6. Lebanon (5-2)||82||Beat Central 40-27||@ South Albany|
|7. Thurston (5-2)||71||Beat Marist 50-14||vs Ashland|
|8. Silverton (5-2)||51||Beat South Albany 28-21||@ Central|
|9. Sandy (5-2)||31||Beat Putnam 51-6||@ Hillsboro|
|10. Bend (5-2)||26||Lost to Hermiston 35-32||vs Pendleton|
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Milwaukie (11), South Albany (4), Central (2), Summit (2), Corvallis (1), Crater (1).
HOW PREP TALK EUGENE VOTED
by Marcus Miller
- Crescent Valley: The Raiders have been #1 since their week 3 victory over defending state champs Lebanon. CV has continued to win, even without star Talanoa Hufanga. This week the Raiders will visit the talented but disappointing Dallas Dragons.
- Mountain View: The Cougars jump over the Lancers due to strength of schedule. MV has the 12th toughest schedule in the state and are coming over a big victory over Ridgeview. This week the Cougars will visit Hood River Valley.
- Churchill: Again the Lancers drop due to their strength of schedule. Churchill owns the top scoring offense in 5A, but currently sitting at #4 in the OSAA rankings, the Lancers might miss out on a home quarterfinal due to their upcoming opponents’ RPI.
- Wilsonville: Since losing week 1 to a top 6A school (South Medford), the Wildcats have outscored opponents 293 (48.8 PPG) to 49 (8.1 PPG). Last week Wilsonville shutout Parkrose but the competition level steps up in the next 2 weeks as they visit Milwaukie and host La Salle.
- Hermiston: The Bulldogs are the owners of the #10 toughest schedule in the state and have won 4 straight including a 35-32 thriller last week to Bend. This is the Bulldogs final season as a member of the OSAA and they seem to be making the most of it.
- Thurston: The Colts own the #2 offense in the state, just 6 points behind conference foe Churchill. Last week Thurston got the Marist monkey off their back in a 50-14 victory over the Spartans. This week the Colts host Ashland in their final home game of the season.
- Silverton: The Foxes are the second Mid-Willamette in my top 10 despite currently being 3rd in the conference standings. Last week Silverton picked up a big victory on the road against South Albany. This week they will host the teeter-totter Central Panthers.
- Milwaukie: The Mustangs have won 3 straight, giving them a 5-1 record but will be challenged this coming week as they host Wilsonville.
- South Albany: The 3rd and final Mid-Willamette team, the Rebels just lost their first conference game to Silverton. This week they will visit Lebanon.
- Bend: The Lava Bears are coming off a heartbreaking 35-32 loss to #5 Hermiston, the close loss wasn’t enough to knock Bend out of the top 10. The 5-2 Lava Bears are in a good position as the playoffs loom, this week Bend hosts Pendleton.